Our Approach to Inclusivity
The information and guidance provided in the She Syncs programs sits at an intersection between health and wellness. We acknowledge that this intersection is not a safe and inclusive place for everyone.
The systems underneath the areas of health and wellness, being health care, the wellness industry, and diet culture, are rooted in the oppressive systems of:
Taken together, these oppressive systems create inequitable access and unsafe spaces for:
• Black people, Indigenous people, and people of color
• People with visible and non-visible disabilities
• LGBTQ+ people, gender nonconforming people, and non-binary people
• People in larger bodies
The rights of all of these people to have equal access to safe care matter. We commit to:
• Regularly evaluating our commitment to diversity and inclusion and being receptive to updating content.
• Ensuring all people are able to access the She Syncs programs through the scholarship program.
• Acknowledging and challenging the oppressive nature of the health and wellness industry, including diet culture, within our programs and our online community.
• Amplifying voices of people who experience oppression in the areas of health, wellness, and nutrition.
• Amplifying voices of people and businesses who are working toward period equality and menstrual equity.
• Hiring practices that promote inclusivity and representation.
• Always being open to dialogue and feedback about diversity and inclusion.
We recognize that an inclusivity statement is a starting point and by no means an end point. We also strongly believe that language is important and are committed to holding ourselves and those in our community accountable.
As always, we are open to feedback from our community. If you feel compelled to share any feedback with us, we would love to hear from you.